BEFORE I BUY A HOUSE CURRENTLY IN WESTERN ACRES?
- Verify the property taxes are current, otherwise the county will not transfer the title.
- Verify with us that the rent is current. Western Acres will not offer a lease to a new tenant until all back rent is paid.
- Verify with us that the house is eligible to remain within Western Acres.
- Submit an application for each adult to verify they meet qualifications to live in Western Acres.
WHO NEEDS TO APPLY?
Anyone who is 19 years old or older AND will reside in the house for more than 7 days.
Yes. The nonrefundable application fee is $30 for an online application OR $40 for a written application per adult that will be living in the house 7 days or more.
HOW DO I APPLY TO LIVE IN THE PARK?
You need to click on the red BUTTON that reads “APPLY NOW”.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT MONTHLY RENT?
Rent in 2024 is $405 per month.
DOES RENT INCLUDE UTILITIES?
WHO SUPPLIES THE UTILITIES?
- WWater, Sewer, Electric and Trash are provided by the City of Carlisle. Before you are able to purchase services from the city, you will need to submit an application. City Hall’s phone number is 515-989-3224. The address is 100 N 1st. Carlisle, IA 50047. You may visit them at www.carlisleiowa.org.
- Natural Gas is provided by MidAmerican Energy. You will need to contact them to establish service.
DO YOU ALLOW PETS?
Yes. Residents may have two pets. Dogs must be under 30 pounds at maturity. They are not to be off leash or unsupervised at any time.
DO YOU RENT SPACES FOR FULL-TIME RV’ERS?
MAIL SERVICE FROM USPS?
Tenants will need to stop by the post office located at 200 S 1st St. Carlisle IA, 50047 and apply for delivery. There are three cluster boxes in the park. The postmaster will assign a box to you.
WHO LENDS MONEY TO BUY A NEW HOUSE?
- Visit our FINANCING page for companies that may offer financing to qualified buyers.
- You may also talk to your credit union or local bank.
CAN I BUY A HOME IN THE PARK AND NOT LIVE IN THE PARK?
DO YOU RENT MOBILEHOMES?
No. All homes are to be owner occupied.